Saturday, May 26, 2007

if only honore de balzac were around to write about this...


today's new york times has a great story on burt and linda pugach today. apparently, there's a new documentary - appropriately called crazy love - about the pugaches. for those of you who don't know the story, linda was burt's mistress in the late 1950s. they broke up; she became engaged to someone else. he hired a trio of thugs to throw lye in her face, an act that left her disfigured and eventually blind. burt served 14 years in the pen, writing linda love letters all the while. a year after his release, they were married. I guess true love runs deep...

a genius exchange between the couple, as documented in ruth la ferla's piece:

hung alongside her suits, chain belts and ruffled blouses, was a collection of fur chokers she made herself from scraps of pelts. “I have to be doing something with my hands constantly,” she said.

"like punch me in the mouth,” her husband interjected.

“if I could find him I would,” she said.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger