Wednesday, May 23, 2007

justin fox burks


justin burks

and I have done a lot of work together over the last few years, including tons of stuff for the memphis flyer. this image of 8ball & mjg came from a photoshoot he did for the cover of the february 2007 issue of wax poetics. this year, we've also collaborated on stories on arthur lee and the black keys for mojo, and pieces on stax records for the summer 2007 issue of stop smiling and paste (june 2007). right now, we're working on two major photo-heavy pieces - a photo essay on orange mound sign painter brick, and a feature on memphis-based graffiti collective UH. I've worked more closely with justin than I have any other photographer - he makes the work fun, and he intuitively knows what I'm looking for. plus, even though he's a vegetarian, he shoots barbecue uncomplainingly, and he's super-sweet about listening to me bitch about my freelance situation - most likely, because he's in the same boat! editors should know that his wife amy lawrence is a rising star on the fiction scene. remember that name! anyways, major props to justin. go to his site.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger