Monday, June 4, 2007

pimm's cup

do you have that one recipe that's your ultimate test? for me, lately, it's a pimm's cup, served new orleans style, with 7-up, lemonade, and a cucumber slice. the recipe in denise gee's southern cocktails: dixie drinks, party potions, and classic libations - published by chronicle - got it right. I'm not sure what to think about the fussy version in the advance material I received this weekend for the hearty boys' cookbook talk with your mouth full - it includes apple slices and san pellegrino limonata, but no 7-up. oh well - I'm not sitting at the napoleon house drinking either right now, just sipping a late-night iced latte while I try to focus on an as-yet-unfinished 850-word assignment with perry mason solving his mysteries in the next room... to read more about the history of mr. pimm and to get the recipes for various versions of his fabulous cocktail, go here or here.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger